mandag den 25. september 2023

The AMAZON-Swamp

 

When I had my interesting experience with a scammer trying to steal my AuthorHouse-book "The Naughty Peteyboy, Sonya, And The Magic Word", presumably to turn it into a movie, I decided to republish it. I have some of my published books on Amazon, but the newer ones are in Danish, published by Danish publishers, and "Peteyboy" is in English. After thinking it over I decided to republish "The Naughty Peteyboy, Sonya, And The Magic Word" as a KDP-book on Amazon. It should be safe, but doing so I opened my bank account for royalties. I know that the book has sold as I know some of those who bought it, but I don't see royalties on the account and that I find very weird. Well, be that what it is, as that was the preclude to something even weirder: I found illicit withdrawals from Amazon on my banking account ....


Me, being ME, doesn't like to be robbed, but when I made a protest to Amazon, it sort of got lost in their labyrinthine "helping system" which seems to be as fraudulent as can be: I was sent forth and back between non-relevant "help"-pages. However, I did get their attention when I talked to my bank about these illicit withdrawals, because they started to investigate Amazon and not only blocked my account, but deleted it which was what I asked for. Right now Amazon is sending me more emails with ridiculous and non-essential references to their presumed, but fake "helping" pages. Now why do they do that, is it to get some help with the fraud? No, it's to give them the name and number of my new banking account. 

I've found several internet references to this kind of Amazon scams. One of the most interesting ones is on Reddit, but it has been muted. How come, and who did that????? 

 

https://twitter.com/cedar3ec/status/1704418135783133375 


https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Amazon-taking-money-from-my-bank-account-when-I-dont-have-an-Amazon-account-For-more-context-someone-has-set-up-a-prime-account-using-my-card-details-yet-Amazon-wont-let-me-cancel-it-as-I-dont-have-the

 

Etc., etc., etc. ....

 


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar