mandag den 24. juni 2024

Magic, Do My Bidding!!!!!!

 

Voodoo doll Louvre E27145a.jpg

Not only can one buy modern "Voodoo dolls", which I take are some kind of gimmicks, but there also are several ancient dolls in museums all over the world. A fact which proves that many people at all times have met life circumstances that made them resort to magic: Not to be the abandoned vessel on a rough sea, so to speak, they set out to RULE what they felt ruled them and their destiny. In this specific case an ancient, Greek clay figurine of a nude woman, tied up, hand and foot in a painful, yes even sadistic, position, pierced with 13 nails was someone's way of obtaining the ultimate power of a woman who may not have liked him as he wanted her to do. (Actually it may be this individual's tool in handling women as such, but in this case it's considered likely that the figurine represented a special woman who was out of his reach).

The figurine was found near Thebes in Egypt in a vase with a lead plate on which one could read a spell. However, as the inscription indicates it is of Greek origin. It dates to the 3rd or 4th Century BC. The inscription reads:

"I conjure all the demons (ὁρκίζω πάντας τοὺς δαίμονας) in this place to assist this demon Antinous. Rouse yourself for me and go to each place, to each neighborhood, to each house and bind Ptolemais whom Aias bore, the daughter of Horigenes, so that she should not be fucked, buggered or should not give any pleasure to another man (ὅπως μὴ βινηθῇ μὴ πυγισθῇ μὴδὲν πρὸς ἡδονὴν ποιήσῃ ἑταίρῳ ἀνδρὶ), except to me alone Sarapammon, whom Area bore; and do not let her eat nor drink nor resist nor go out nor find sleep except with me Sarapammon, whom Area bore. I conjure you, Antinous spirit of the dead, in the name of the Terrible and Fearsome, the name at whose sound the earth opens up, the name at whose sound the demons tremble in fear, the name at whose sound rivers and rocks burst asunder. I conjure you, Antinous spirit of the dead (ὁρκίζω σε, νεκύδαιμον Ἀντίνοε), by Barbaratham Cheloumbra Barouch Adonai and by Abrasax and by lao Pakeptoth Pakebraoth Sabarbaphaei and by Marmaraouoth and by Marmarachtha Mamazagar. Do not disregard me, Antinous spirit of the dead, but rouse yourself for me and go to each place, to each neighbourhood, to each house and bring me Ptolemais, whom Aias bore, the daughter of Horigenes; prevent her from eating, from drinking, until she comes to me, Sarapammon, whom Area bore, and do not allow her to accept the advances of any man other than me alone Sarapammon. Drag her by the hair, the guts, until she does not reject me, Sarapammon, whom Area bore, and I have her, Ptolemais, whom Aias bore, the daughter of Horigenes, subject to me for the entire extent of my life, loving me, desiring me, telling me what she thinks. If you do this, I will release you (ἀπολύσω σε)."

 
Strong words of an unquenchable sexual desire which seems to have consumed the besotted Sarapammon, but did it work? Well, if one believes in magic I'm sure that one will see it as the key to the fulfillment of one's wishes, but in my opinion magic isn't anything but wishful thinking so I wouldn't resort to it no matter what ....

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar